Review: By Wishtrend Quad Active Boosting Essence Review


I was lucky enough to have been picked to be a part of Wishtrend PH's Beauty Squad last April. As part of the squad, we get to try products from the brand in exchange for our honest reviews.

The first product they sent was the By Wishtrend Quad Active Boosting Essence, a new product from the brand that was released last March 2020. When I saw their email, I immediately researched about the product. I came across Eunice's 1st impression video with Wish Beauty Lab about this product and got interested in the product because of what she shared.

In making the essence, the manufacturers took the feedback they got from the Propolis serum. They strengthened the positive characteristics of the product and worked on the bad reviews that were shared too, like stickiness and scent of the propolis. Brands that listen to customer feedback holds a very special place in my heart because it only shows they take everything with a grain of salt. And it's been proven and tested that brands who listen to their customers progress further and do better compared to those who don't. 

The essence also contains 46% natural ingredients and is recommended for those with sensitive, acne-prone skin. It's also made with no essential oils and contains 4 active ingredients (thus the name, Quad Active):
  1. Propolis extract– anti-septic, anti-inflammatory characteristics
  2. Cornflower (centaurea cyanus) water– helpful in skin regeneration, promotes radiant skin
  3. Willow bark extract– fights acne
  4. Special 3-complex ingredients– combination of morus alba bark extract, nelumbo nucifera leaf extract and schisandra chinensis fruit extract for calming, anti-infllamatory, balancing sebum production
It also has fermented honey & black tea for added moisturizing benefits.

If you are new to korean skincare and are confused on what an essence does, then you are not alone. I also didn't know what essences did when I first tried venturing in skincare. Essences are typically thinner than a serum but are more potent and have more skin benefits than a toner. This particular essence is also supposed to enhance or make more effective the next products you're going to apply (thus the "boosting").


About the product:

Consistency: Watery, lightweight

Fragrance: None

How to use: After applying toner, before serum*

My experience: 
Propolis is one of my favorite skincare ingredients (niacinamide being the other). I think my skin does a little happy dance whenever I apply anything with propolis on it so I was so ecstatic when I received this.

I use this in both my AM and PM routine because it's so lightweight and feels very hydrating. I was surprised when the consistency came out watery because I was used to the Cosrx Snail Mucin essence that was thick and slimey.

Because of its consistency, it can easily be layered with other products and can be used to do 7 skins. Two weeks ago when I was so stressed and started breaking out, I tried doing 7 skins of this at night and it left me so impressed. In a matter of just a few days, I had already seen how it improved my skin's texture! It helped get rid of the bumps of my acne, making my skin smoother and softer. You know those pesky little bumps that come with acne? Yup, it has helped me greatly with getting rid of that.

I also definitely felt the calming claim of the product since the inflamed areas on my face (the sides of my noise) do not flare up as much as it used to. I got better and faster results when I was doing 7 skins of the essence but because I'm saving up the product because of how good it is, I'm back with using only 1-2 skins.

You can check this link https://linktr.ee/bywishtrend.ph on information on where to shop for this essence and other By Wishtrend products.
You can also check out their Facebook page (By Wishtrend PH) and their Instagram accounts (@bywishtrend.ph & @kbeautycafe).

0 comments