Review: Mise En Scene Perfect Original Serum

Mise en scene hair products are a favorite in Korea. I first heard about the brand from the skincare community on Instagram. Close skincare friends from the community would rave about it so when I saw this on sale in Myeongdong last year, I knew I had to get one for myself. 

Little background on my hair: I've had frizzy hair for as long as I can remember. To address the frizziness, I used to have it rebonded every year (yikes) in high school and in college. I definitely felt the after-effects of all the chemicals on my hair because it became very dull. That's why I opted to try less harsh treatments like permanent blowdry. I've been receiving the treatment for my hair for almost 2 years now & my hair looks way better now (unlike the volume-less look rebonded hair gives you) & feels healthier too. 
About the product:

DescriptionAn oil-infused hair formula that helps repair your hair within 3 days. Provides intensive hair care to damaged and brittle tresses; highly enriched with nourishing and healing argan oil, royal jelly, and rose water; helps deliver nutrients deep into strands; transforms dry, rebellious, coarse hair into smoother, silkier, and more manageable locks; leaves hair looking healthy, silky, and glossy*

Fragrance: Light, pleasant smell you will definitely like.

How to use: (see below review for instructions)

My experience: 
This is one of those products that made me giddy after purchasing so I immediately used this. After I took a shower, I blowdried my hair completely and applied the serum. I went about our day in Seoul and after calling it a day, I was kind of unimpressed how my hair didn't feel anything different. 
The day after, I was determined with the product, tried it again, and alas! It worked better the second time around! That's when I realized that I was using it wrong! I mean, not totally wrong but there was a better way of utilizing the serum to its fullest:
  1. Blow-dry your hair for a couple of minutes until it's damp
  2. Apply the serum on your hair (I make sure to apply a generous amount on the tips)
  3. Blow-dry completely
  4. Use the cold temperature on your blow-dryer for about 5 minutes to complete the look
I swear to you that you feel your hair in the softest and bounciest it has ever been. This has become a staple in my routine that I no longer feel comfortable when I go out of the house without using it. I still have another one in my stash, but in a different variant (Light) and I'm excited to use it too. They recently came out with a coconut variant too which, based from reviews from skincare friends, works and smells equally as good.

Mise en Scene products are available in Shopee & Lazada.

2 comments

  1. I've heard so many good things about it. I'll have to try it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Bambi!! It's such a gamechanger for me! Now I really can't get out fo the house without it.

      Delete