Review: Thank You Farmer True Water Deep Toner


Thank You Farmer is a Korean brand that was named thus because it took inspiration from the mentality that of a farmer— the brand does not believe in shortcuts with nature or skin. It uses "real" ingredients to help skin strengthen over time. 

Truth be told, I haven't heard of the brand before I got into the skincare community on Instagram. I got curious and when StyleKorean had a $9.99 sale for the brand last 2018, I grabbed the opportunity to buy items from the brand. I got their True Water Deep Toner, True Water Deep Serum, True Water Deep Emulsion, and Back to Iceleand Cleansing Foam, all of which I have emptied except for the toner (which I forgot I had).

About the product:

Description: Provides instant moisture and soothing care; simultaneously hydrates as it controls sebum to optimize your oil-moisture balance; helps prep your complexion to better absorb your next step skincare; offers whitening and wrinkle correcting function; enriched with inositol, sodium hyaluronate, niacinamide, and adenosine; unique texture refreshingly quenches skin’s thirst*

Fragrance: Light, signature Thank You Farmer scent

How to use: After cleansing, dampen a cotton pad with toner or dispense onto palm to apply gently over face.*

My experience: Because of the quarantine, I cleaned my skincare stash and found this toner. I immediately used it because it's expiring by the end of the year. 

The product comes in a 150ml frosted pump bottle. Upon opening, you are greeted by the signature Thank You Farmer fragrance of the product. I honestly don't mind mild fragrances in products but if you're scent-sitive then you might do more caution with this. 

As a dry-combo skin-type person, I always lean on hydrating toners. I use 2 pumps and learned from mistake that it tends to be quite sticky, because of its glycerin component, if you use more than that so this isn't really the toner to use for your 7 skins.

Disclaimer though, this product is formulated with alcohol which can be a huge red flag for other users. Personally, my skin does not react horribly with alcohol but it isn't really a recommended ingredient for products (though I know from research that there are good alcohols that are used in products. I'm just not sure if this is one of them because the ingredients list just simply states "alcohol").

This product does a good job as a hydrating toner. It's watery-gel-like texture sinks in beautifully into your skin with light taps. It contains glycerin (moisturizing ingredient) and niacinamide (a favorite skincare ingredient) that does a lot of benefits to the skin. I just think they have to reformulate this one without alcohol so that it wouldn't raise eyebrows from other users. I also have apprehensions with its price because $20+ for a toner is already expensive for me. If it weren't for its brand sale in StyleKorean, I would not have given this a chance.

* From https://beautymnl.com/products/44436-true-water-deep-toner-150ml-a194946a-b6ce-4a08-87c4-5397fa4aa16c

0 comments